Girl Scouts opens the door to great opportunities including college scholarships. See what opportunities
The Beth Winters Memorial Scholarship
Information about the Beth Winters Memorial Scholarship is mailed in early November to all 12th grade Girl Scouts. The application and references are due February 1. Interviews will be held in February and recipients will be recognized at the annual Honors Ceremony on April 2. Download Application Download Reference FormAbout Beth Winters
Beth Winters, daughter of Joyce and George Termini and the late Charles Winters, exemplified the highest ideals of Girl Scouting as reflected in the Girl Scout Promise and Law. On August 26, 1995, Beth suffered an untimely death in a car accident at the age of 26.
As a young woman, Beth moved through life with grace, tenacity and a soaring spirit. The Beth Winters Scholarship Fund, endowed by Beth’s family and friends, captures that spirit by annually recognizing an Ambassador Girl Scout of high ideals. Since March 1996, sixteen such women have been so honored. Discover
- Beth was full of life. She loved music, community service, travel and physical fitness Connect
– Beth began Girl Scouting at an early age, where she flourished as part of a Girl Scout community through her high school years. Throughout her young life, she helped make the world a better place.Take Action
– Girl Scouting helped Beth develop leadership qualities. Beth represented the state of Missouri at the Girl Scout National Leadership Conference in Washington D.C. in 1985.Academic Achievement
– Beth graduated in 1987 from North Kansas City High School and then went to Mizzou, where she graduated in 1991 with a degree in journalism and music.For More Information
If you have questions about the Beth Winters Scholarship or other Girl Scout scholarship opportunities, please email email@example.com
VFW Scout of the Year Scholarships
Annually, the Veterans for Foreign Wars recognizes three individuals who are: Eagle Scouts, Girl Scout Gold Award recipients, Venture Summit Award recipients, and/or Sea Scout Quartermasters who have risen above their peers in exemplifying the qualities of that rank.
Applications are due to your local VFW post by March 1, 2016
. Recipients of the three scholarships are selected from a national pool of candidates. Eligibility:
- Be a registered, active member of a Girl Scout Troop.
- Be a Gold Award recipient.
- Have demonstrated exemplary citizenship in school, Scouting and community.
- Have reached your 15th birthday and be enrolled in high school at the time of selection.
Find out more about these scholarships from the VFW and find your VFW Post.
Download Informational Brochure
2016 Alcoa Chuck McLane Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to two Girl Scout Gold Award recipients who complete a Gold Award project in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM). This application qualifies Girl Scout Gold Award recipients who are starting college in the fall of 2015, to be considered for the STEM $10,000 college scholarship provided by the Alcoa Foundation. Requirements: The two scholarship recipients will receive the first $5,000 for freshman fall semester and the second $5,000 for her fall junior year, if she maintains a 3.0 GPA and plans to continue her education in a STEM related field. Alcoa will also provide scholarship recipients with an Alcoa mentor for her freshman year.
The parameters and structures of the scholarship include:
- Scholarship awarded to Gold Award recipients with a project in STEM
- Recipients must be enrolled as a freshman in the fall of 2016 in an accredited four year college and continuing studies in STEM. (Scholarship recipient will have to confirm college enrollment prior to check release.)
- Recipient must confirm a GPA of 3.0 or higher by the start of her Junior year to receive the second scholarship installment.
- Scholarship funds will be used exclusively to defray educational costs such as tuition, fees, books, and supplies, as well as room and board in a college dormitory.
Each Girl Scout Council can submit up to 2 applications to GSUSA for consideration. A panel of corporate and community leaders will assist GSUSA in choosing two
scholarship recipients from the pool of nominees. Councils and applicants will be
notified by May 6, 2016.
Application & Deadline
Application due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Febrarury 15, 2016.