What makes a real happy meal? You'll find out as you explore food issues, scope out your own "food print," and even try out some tasty recipes. You may get some ideas for career choices, too!
This is a 10-session Journey, but could be modified to fit your troop’s needs.
Field Trip Ideas and More...
- Local farmers or farmers markets
- Local Slow Food groups
- Volunteer at a local food bank
- American Royal
- National Ag Hall of Fame
with additional ideas2-page summary
of this Journey
Programming Ideas for Troop Meetings
- Prepare the recipes listed in the book
- Have a progressive dinner or dinner around the world
- Plant your own vegetable garden
- Visit a harvest or harvest festival
- Learn about local or national associations that lobby for farmers like the
- Cattlemen’s Association
- Each girl should have a copy of the Journey book
- The green boxes throughout the Facilitator Guide have great additional programming options