When it comes to sisterhood, what girls start can spiral outward and change the world. Through Mission: Sisterhood! girls see the stories of sisterhood all around them and grow as leaders by widening their networks and broadening their world.
This is a 10-session Journey, but could be modified to fit your troop’s needs.
Community Programs and Field Trip Ideas
ResourcesGSUSA’s websitePinterest Board
- Senior centers
- Community centers
- Cultural centers
- Go to the theater or see a play
- Links to specific community partners coming soon!
with additional ideas2-page summary
of this Journey
Programming Ideas for Troop Meetings
- Talk about movies and TV shows that show sisterhoods
- Schedule sisterhood time – ideas include potlucks, rappelling, zip lining, camping, seeing a play, movie night
- Have a formal tea
- Includes information on writing press releases
• Troops can always practice writing press releases and can even request assistance from the council’s Marketing and Brand department
• For large stories or major city papers/ other major media sources (i.e. radio & television), please turn any press releases or stories in to the council Marketing and Brand department for review
• For local neighborhood news/church, bulletins/etc., it is recommended to confer with the Marketing and Brand department but not required
- This Journey relates well to the Cadette Amaze Journey. Consider working with a Cadette troop on some of your activities
- Each girl should have a copy of the Journey book
- The green boxes throughout the Facilitator Guide have great additional programming options