a perfect world for girls! Create that vision as an art project, then
take action to make it real. Leaders, after all, are visionaries!
This is an 8-session Journey, but could be modified to fit your troop’s needs.
Community Programs and Field Trip Ideas
- Visit art museums, galleries, studios or artists – learn about women
artists and how to express one’s vision through various mediums
- Explore various plays or other art forms focusing on women’s issues or utopian societies
- Visit sites for your Take Action Project
- Links to specific community parnters coming soon!
Programming Ideas for Troop Meetings
Research others’ views of Utopian Societies – various artists’ versions,
- Write a letter of appreciation to a woman leader or mentor
- Hold an art show so that others can view the girls’ Girltopia art projects
- Host a Leadership Talk Show – described on page 33 of girl book
- Create slogans that represent their Girltopia vision – put on buttons, bumper stickers or t-shirts
- Recruit potential role models that can help girls on journey (especially good
for the Guide It and Connect sections)
- Have a Japanese Tea Ceremony
- Includes information on writing press releases
• Troops can always practice writing press releases and can even request assistance from the council’s Marketing and Brand department
For large stories or major city papers/ other major media sources (i.e.
radio & television), please turn any press releases or stories in
to the council Marketing and Brand department for review
• For local neighborhood news/church, bulletins/etc., it is recommended to confer with the Marketing and Brand department but not required
- Each girl should have a copy of the Journey book
- The green boxes throughout the Facilitator Guide have great additional programming options