In aMUSE, Juniors gain an understanding of just how limitless their potential is as they try on a range of roles—real and creative—that the world offers. In doing so, they learn about people and the power of real-life action and leadership.
This is a 10-session Journey, but could be modified to fit your troop’s needs.
Community Programs and Field Trip Ideas
- The Willow: Antibullying Workshops
- SAFEHOME Workshops
- Visit a theater, see a play or a puppetry show
- Participate in an acting workshops
- Visit a business or other location with a woman the girls’ admire and
learn more about their job.
- Visit a photo display at an art museum
Programming Ideas for Troop Meetings
Have girls dress up as their favorite character or role model
- Consider continuing to bring in women role models or various career options after the panel discussion
- In sample session 4, when looking at ads, you might also consider finding a few commercials on YouTube
- Put together a scavenger hunt with activities that play to different girls’ strengths, like the comic book story in the book
- Have the girls bring items for their Prop Box
- Visit thrift stores or garage sales to pick up a few items to get you started
- Each girl should have a copy of the Journey book
- The green boxes throughout the Facilitator Guide have great additional programming options