Find the fun in gardening with Amazing Daisy and the flower friends in this 6-week Journey. You'll read an exciting story and learn all about making things grow while learning about the Girl Scout Law.
This is a 6-session Journey, but could be modified to fit your troop’s needs.
Field Trip Ideas and More...
- Community or master gardeners
- Local nursery or green house
Programming Ideas for Troop Meetings
- Create a family worm composting box
- Promote recycling at troop meetings
- Create a time capsule or write notes to future troops
- Tea or garden party at bridging or when girls complete Journey
- Plant mini-gardens to take care of at each meeting
- Use the origins of the flowers as inspiration and learn about other countries – learn the language (hello/goodbye)
- Invite someone from another country to visit your meeting
- If creating a group garden, pick flowers that can easily grow
- If space is limited, have each girl only plant one plant
- The timing of the Journey might need to be stretched out over the whole year so they plant their community garden at the proper time
- Each girl should have a copy of the Journey book
- The green boxes throughout the Facilitator Guide have great additional programming options