You'll join your flower friends for a cross-country road trip in their special flower-powered car! As you travel the country, you'll learn to use your own special skills to help people and Planet Earth.
This is a 10-session Journey, but could be modified to fit your troop’s needs.
Field Trip Ideas and More...
- Girl Scout camps
- Community or master gardeners
- Local nurseries
- State parks
- Nature centers
Programming Ideas for Troop Meetings
- Have a map of the US and let the girls plot the road trip as they read the story
- Ask girls to share pictures or describe their favorite family trip or vacation
- Let girls design their own “smart” cars using recycled materials
- Complete activities related to Leave No Trace principles
- Treat the story as a discussion time, this is a great time for girls to share their thinking as you read the story together
- Various aspects of STEM programming are built into this Journey – encourage girls to take a side trip to further explore this area
- Each girl should have a copy of the Journey book
- The green boxes throughout the Facilitator Guide have great additional programming options