As Daisies enjoy a fictional story about the flower friends, they learn just how much they can care for animals and for themselves—and just how confident this makes them feel.
This is a 10-session Journey, but could be modified to fit your troop’s needs. Field Trip Ideas and More...
- Pet stores, animal shelters or veterinarian offices
- Dairy farm
- Girl Scout camp or nature center for a Sounds of Nature Walk
- Links to specific community partners coming soon!
Are your Daisy’s working on 5 Flowers, 4 Stories and 3 Cheers for Animals? If so, call us to schedule our Understanding Pets Workshop. Daisy’s will learn how to “read” animals and begin to understand what their pets are trying to say to them.
Time: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays between 11:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. or Thursdays between 11:30 a.m - 6 p.m.
Programming Ideas for Troop Meetings
- Use a world map to show the location of the various countries described in the book
- Using various recycled materials, let the girls build their own nests
- Make origami animals
- Make a healthy snack and try a few yoga moves during a meeting
- Ask the girls to bring pictures of their favorite pet or animal for a show and tell
- Play animal charades
- Discuss ways animals care for people – guide dogs, cows give milk, etc.
- This Journey is laid out well for first time leaders to use. It has many helpful hints to guide leaders in the GSLE and how to facilitate a Journey
- Each girl should have a copy of the Journey book
- The green boxes throughout the Facilitator Guide have great additional programming options