As Daisies enjoy a fictional story about the flower friends, they learn just how much they can care for animals and for themselves—and just how confident this makes them feel.
This is a 10-session Journey, but could be modified to fit your troop’s needs. Community Programs and Field Trip Ideas
Programming Ideas for Troop Meetings
- Use a world map to show the location of the various countries described in the book
- Using various recycled materials, let the girls build their own nests
- Make origami animals
- Make a healthy snack and try a few yoga moves during a meeting
- Ask the girls to bring pictures of their favorite pet or animal for a show and tell
- Play animal charades
- Discuss ways animals care for people – guide dogs, cows give milk, etc.
- This Journey is laid out well for first time leaders to use. It has many helpful hints to guide leaders in the GSLE and how to facilitate a Journey
- Each girl should have a copy of the Journey book
- The green boxes throughout the Facilitator Guide have great additional programming options