This flip book devotes one side to fictional stories that take the Brownie friends characters to diverse places in the world. The other side has real-life Brownies exploring their World of Girls closer to home. Through this journey’s many adventures, anecdotes, and activities, Brownies have fun learning how stories contain clues they can use to make the world a better place, which strengthens their confidence.
This is a 10-session Journey, but could be modified to fit your troop’s needs.
Field Trip Ideas and More...
- Bookstore or library.
- Cultural fair
- Art or cultural museum
- International center at a local university
Programming Ideas for Troop Meetings
Invite a professional story teller to a meeting
- Have an egg toss or make paper lanterns when reading the section on
Chosita in Thailand
- Have the girls talk to their parents and find which countries their families
came from then share stories about their ancestors
- Have a globe or map available to show all of the locations in the stories
- Make food or crafts, play games or learn customs from the countries visited
in the book
- This Journey could be a good tie-in with World Thinking Day on February 22 – visit the World Thinking Day website for more information and additional activities
- Each girl should have a copy of the Journey book
- The green boxes throughout the Facilitator Guide have great additional programming options