Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri!
Application instructions: To apply for any of the full-time positions listed below, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri
8383 Blue Parkway Drive
Kansas City, MO 64133
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in candidates for employment.
EOE /M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
We are currently seeking a Receptionist (Part-Time). Reporting to the Girl Scout Shop Manager, this role is responsible for providing administrative support and customer service to guests, volunteers and staff, as well as managing administrative tasks and procedures.
- Assist volunteers and the public by greeting them, notifying staff of their arrival, and ensuring they are escorted by appropriate staff.
- Manage the phone system, including answering and routing incoming calls, reviewing and directing messages left after hours, and updating greetings and shop hour recordings.
- Receive incoming mail and ensure that each piece is date stamped and distributed accordingly.
- Work in the Girl Scouts shop as assigned, including assisting customers, pulling orders, stocks, prices, check orders, returns damaged merchandise.
- Maintain current list of all program classes, locations, and the master program activity calendar.
- Manage council receipts, including membership, donor and product sales.
- One to two years’ related experience providing customer service or administrative support.
- Must have critical thinking and judgment skills with the ability to effectively work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with office automation equipment, including phones, computers and basic software programs.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task with attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Basic math skills are required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 3:00pm.
To apply, send a resume to email@example.com.
Manager, Community Development, West Region
We are seeking a Manager of Community Development in our Western Region (Topeka and Manhattan areas). Reporting to the Regional Director, this role is responsible for managing membership recruitment to initiate and sustain Girl Scouting by reaching all population segments of an assigned geographic area to achieve the council’s goals and objectives.
- Develop a membership marketing action plan and budget; identify marketing needs and collaborate with other departments to meet objectives; research and analyze demographic and membership data to prioritize areas for targeted recruitment efforts.
- Cultivate and build relationships with community leaders and organizations to market Girl Scouting and develop delivery systems that address the needs of girls and the community.
- Present Girl Scout program opportunities to potential new girl members and volunteers by meeting with parents and other community participants to organize troops, invite girls and groups in a variety of pathways to become members.
- Recruit, select, appoint, and supervise volunteer recruitment managers; establish membership goals and develop an annual action plan; interpret policies, standards and procedures and monitor compliance.
- Identify potential funding sources including grant opportunities, foundations and/or corporations; develop a strategy for funding requests.
- Initiate and sustain relationships with agencies, institutions, businesses and organizations to develop joint programming and collaborative efforts to further membership opportunities for girl scouts; represent Girl Scouting to internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and 2-4 years of related experience; or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge and experience in sales and marketing, strategic planning and budget development with the ability to research, compile and summarize data for presentations.
- Knowledge and experience in volunteer recruitment, management, training and supervision. Ability to prioritize, organize and meet critical deadlines with minimal direction.
- Proficient in current versions of Windows and MS Office (Word and Excel) and ability to use the Internet.
- Employment is dependent upon the results of a criminal background investigation.
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Bilingual – knowledge of other languages, cultures (desirable)
- Work hours are flexible including week days, evenings and weekends.