Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri!
Application instructions: To apply for any of the full-time positions listed below, email your resume to email@example.com
or mail to:
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri
8383 Blue Parkway Drive
Kansas City, MO 64133
The Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in candidates for
employment. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Manager, Community Development, East Region
We are seeking a Manager of Community Development in our Eastern Region, which includes the Lee's Summit, Blue Springs, Independence and Center School Districts. Reporting to the Regional Director, this role is responsible for managing membership recruitment to initiate and sustain Girl Scouting by reaching all population segments of an assigned geographic area to achieve the council’s goals and objectives.
- Develop a membership marketing action plan and budget; identify marketing needs and collaborate with other departments to meet objectives; research and analyze demographic and membership data to prioritize areas for targeted recruitment efforts.
- Cultivate and build relationships with community leaders and organizations to market Girl Scouting and develop delivery systems that address the needs of girls and the community.
- Present Girl Scout program opportunities to potential new girl members and volunteers by meeting with parents and other community participants to organize troops, invite girls and groups in a variety of pathways to become members.
- Recruit, select, appoint, and supervise volunteer recruitment managers; establish membership goals and develop an annual action plan; interpret policies, standards and procedures and monitor compliance.
- Identify potential funding sources including grant opportunities, foundations and/or corporations; develop a strategy for funding requests.
- Initiate and sustain relationships with agencies, institutions, businesses and organizations to develop joint programming and collaborative efforts to further membership opportunities for girl scouts; represent Girl Scouting to internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and 2-4 years of related experience; or any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge and experience in sales and marketing, strategic planning and budget development with the ability to research, compile and summarize data for presentations.
- Knowledge and experience in volunteer recruitment, management, training and supervision. Ability to prioritize, organize and meet critical deadlines with minimal direction.
- Proficient in current versions of Windows and MS Office (Word and Excel) and ability to use the Internet.
- Employment is dependent upon the results of a criminal background investigation.
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Bilingual – knowledge of other languages, cultures (desirable)
- Work hours are flexible including week days, evenings and weekends.
Outdoor Experiences Director
The Outdoor Experiences Director is a newly created position to reflect the commitment to providing an outdoor program experience like no other for the Girl Scouts, parents, volunteers and other stakeholders of the geographic region. The primary focus is to develop an outdoor program that delivers bold experiences in seven progressive program areas: Aquatics, Camping, Excursions, Equestrian, High Adventure, Sports and STEM. The role reports to the Vice President of Operations and leads a current team of two direct reports and up to 60 staff during peak summer season. Additional direct reports (program managers) are expected in the coming year.
- Manage, supervise, lead and grow outdoor programs for successful volunteer recruitment and placement, as well as increased member retention.
- Collaborate with VP Operations, Site Managers and Fund Development department to direct program needs and assist with developing funding sources for outdoor programs.
- Build and develop a high performing team of staff and volunteers while promoting a culture of continuous improvement that values engagement, communication and a commitment to excellence.
- Oversee budgetary and cost management for the outdoor programs in alignment with operational needs and strategic plan.
- Active engagement with the staff on the delivery of all services and programs, ensuring all compliance measures and best practices are followed.
- Demonstrate a passion for the Girl Scout mission of building future leaders.
- Recent and demonstrated success with developing and executing outdoor programs for an organization, preferably within a non-profit industry.
- Mature and proactive, having demonstrated highly effective interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must have reputation as creative, forward thinker who brings people, processes and programs to new levels.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Leisure Studies, Nonprofit Management or other relevant certification of expertise required. Combination of education and experience will be considered.