Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri!
Application instructions: To apply for any of the full-time positions listed below, email your resume to email@example.com
or mail to:
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri
8383 Blue Parkway Drive
Kansas City, MO 64133
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in candidates for employment.
EOE /M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Outdoor Experiences Manager
Manages the delivery of exceptional Girl Scouts Leadership Experiences in the Outdoors
Top 5 Accountabilities – Major Job Duties
- Strategizes the direction and maximizes the effectiveness of outdoor experiences of both volunteers and girls.
- Assists the Outdoor Experiences Director with development, design and implementation of progressive and bold experiences in seven program areas: Aquatics, Camping, Excursions, Equestrian, High Adventure, Sports and STEM.
- Supervises a team of staff and volunteers to deliver resident camp program; leads and coaches staff and volunteers in a manner consistent with Girl Scout vision resulting in excellent participant satisfaction.
- Monitors and communicates policies, procedures and standards; identifies and corrects deficiencies or problems as necessary.
- Develops annual goals, objectives and budget within the framework of council goals and budget constraints; monitors, reports on progress and evaluates goals and objectives for the resident camp program.
Job Requirements (Education, Certifications, Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field; and, two to four years of progressively responsible related experience and demonstrated success in staff supervision and outdoor experiences management; or, any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must meet ACA standards qualifications to perform Resident Camp Assignment (2 years administrative camp experience and be at least 25 years old)
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Employment is dependent upon the results of a criminal background check.
Manager of Training & Volunteer Support,
West Region - Topeka
Reporting to the Western Region Director in Topeka, this role is responsible for developing and managing the delivery of training for adult volunteers. This includes maintaining training teams in assigned regions and providing support to new troop volunteers to ensure compliance with, and support for, the Council philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Manage adult education, training and development plan for volunteers within assigned region.
- Conduct a variety of training opportunities and provide analysis based on observation and feedback to enhance the outcomes of training programs.
- Recruit, appoint and supervise teams led by volunteer training coordinators to provide training in specific content and geographic areas.
- Supervise volunteer training coordinators, including the development of personal performance plans and reviews.
- Serve as the Council liaison with new troop leaders in assigned areas, including providing mentorship, conflict resolution and assistance with troop management such as registration, finances, record keeping and product sales.
- Ensure volunteers understand and comply with the Girl Scout philosophy, policies, standards, procedures and business practices.
- Conduct training needs analysis for volunteers.
- Ensure program delivery and troop-building operations have the council support they require to achieve recruitment and membership retention goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Two to four years’ of progressively responsible related experience. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of effective training delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to solve problems and foster relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering effective training programs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual with knowledge of other languages highly desirable.
To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in candidates for employment. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled.