Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri!
Application instructions: To apply for any of the full-time positions listed below, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri
8383 Blue Parkway Drive
Kansas City, MO 64133
The Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in candidates for
employment. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Brand Manager, Adult Experience
Reporting to the Vice President of Brand & Marketing, this role is responsible for communicating the Girl Scout adult volunteer and donor story. This includes a variety of outreach vehicles, including print, e-communications and relationship building.
- Write content in partnership with Product Sales, Fund Development and Training teams for monthly and weekly e-newsletters, quarterly print newsletters, training materials and web content.
- Create adult features for Parent newsletter, blog and social media, including securing guest feature writers to create content.
- Manage and support logistics for adult events, including Annual Meeting & Adult Recognition, Cookie Trainings and donor events.
- Communicate the Girl Scout adult story through video and photography.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Four to five years’ progressively responsible related experience. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Exceptional writing skills with knowledge of AP Stylebook guidelines.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
- Experience with Constant Contact or similar email marketing platform preferred.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint or similar content management system preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Manager, Training & Volunteer Support
Reporting to the Northern Region Director in St. Joseph, this role is responsible for developing and managing the delivery of training for adult volunteers. This includes maintaining training teams in assigned regions and providing support to new troop volunteers to ensure compliance with, and support for, the Council philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Manage adult education, training and development plan for volunteers within assigned region.
- Conduct a variety of training opportunities and provide analysis based on observation and feedback to enhance the outcomes of training programs.
- Recruit, appoint and supervise teams led by volunteer training coordinators to provide training in specific content and geographic areas.
- Supervise volunteer training coordinators, including the development of personal performance plans and reviews.
- Serve as the Council liaison with new troop leaders in assigned areas, including providing mentorship, conflict resolution and assistance with troop management such as registration, finances, record keeping and product sales.
- Ensure volunteers understand and comply with the Girl Scout philosophy, policies, standards, procedures and business practices.
- Conduct training needs analysis for volunteers.
- Ensure program delivery and troop-building operations have the council support they require to achieve recruitment and membership retention goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Two to four years’ of progressively responsible related experience. Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of effective training delivery.Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to solve problems and foster relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering effective training programs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual with knowledge of other languages highly desirable.