Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri!
Application instructions: To apply for any of the full-time positions listed below, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri
8383 Blue Parkway Drive
Kansas City, MO 64133
Customer Service Specialist
Department: Mission Delivery
Reports to: CES Manager
The Customer Service Specialist serves as the first point of contact for inquiries via phone or email for system and membership-related questions and support, providing the highest level of customer service to all members/customers, both external and internal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Customer Service Specialist provides primary support for the website and membership process, as well as researching and problem-solving other issues as needed. S/he answers phone calls, voicemails, and emails in a timely and professional manner, documenting interactions and required follow-up.
The Customer Service Specialist also enters membership registration forms (and other data as needed) into the database, working accurately and checking their work with assigned integrity reports.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years of customer service related experience with proven ability to be responsive and follow through on commitments
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills with a diverse group of customers
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues
- Active listening skills and ability to effectively use a variety of questions to promote discussion with customers and identify their needs
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy in data entry
- Ability to work closely with team members in a positive customer-centric environment
- Flexibility in changing processes or styles of work as needed to better serve the customer
- Technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Customer Relationship Management systems
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision and take initiative in making decisions