Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri!
Application instructions: To apply for any of the full-time positions listed below, email your resume to email@example.com
or mail to:
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri
8383 Blue Parkway Drive
Kansas City, MO 64133
Manager, Fund Development
and supports the Girl Scout mission and funding needs. Performs duties
associated with securing new donors and retaining and upgrading current
donors; manages a portfolio of donors that may include foundations,
organizations, and individuals; and develops proposals including
foundations, corporations and United Way to include grant writing,
reporting, and relationship building.
Applicants looking to make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of girls are encouraged to apply.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and three to four years of progressively responsible related experience;
- Valid Driver License with an acceptable driving record
- Ability to effectively convey information, thoughts, and ideas in
verbal and written form with all levels of the organization as well as
external contacts, including the ability to present and articulate the
Girl Scout story
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to align behavior with the needs, priorities, and goals of the organization
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of professional fund raising and marketing
- Principles and practices of donor portfolio management including foundations, corporations and individuals
- Using donor databases including Raiser’s Edge
- Principles and practices of budget and accounting
- Proposal development including grant writing, research, preparation and administration
- Principles and practices of volunteer management, including recruitment, retention, training, and supervising of volunteers
Membership Manager (2 positions)
Central Region - Kansas CityWestern Region - Manhattan/Junction City
Manages the delivery of membership services to initiate and sustain Girl Scouting by reaching all population segments of an assigned geographic area.
Develops a membership marketing action plan based on council goals, objectives, and identified needs of assigned communities; identifies training, program and marketing needs and collaborates with other departments to meet the identified needs; researches and analyzes demographic and membership data to prioritize areas for targeted recruitment and retention efforts.
Initiates and sustains relationships with agencies, institutions, businesses and organizations to develop joint programming and collaborative efforts to further membership opportunities for girl scouts; represents Girl Scouting to internal and external audiences.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two-three years of related experience.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of volunteer recruitment, management, training and supervision.
- Knowledge of basic budgetary principles and practices.
- Experience in recruitment/marketing and sales preferred.
- Ability to work and solve problems independently.
- Ability to encourage and foster contributions and talents of diverse groups.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as a team member.
- Fluency in Spanish highly preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Appointment is dependent upon the results of a criminal background investigation.