First and foremost, the mission of Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri is to build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. Our focus is on building girls’ leadership, not a political agenda.
We want to supply Girl Scout volunteers and families with accurate information to respond to questions they might receive. Below are some key facts.
- Girl Scouts does not and has not endorsed any political party or politician.
- There is no relationship—past, present or planned—between Planned Parenthood and Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri. In addition, Girl Scouts of the USA does not have a relationship or partnership with Planned Parenthood.
- Girl Scouts does not take a position on reproductive issues. We believe these are matters that are best discussed within the family.
- We feel our role is to help girls develop self-confidence and good decision-making skills that will help them make wise choices in all areas of their lives.
- Girl Scouts actively encourage every girl to become a stronger member of her faith community.
Please read our Q&A document
for additional answers regarding the false criticism and claims that have come to Girl Scouts from various sources.
If you receive additional questions, please feel free to direct them to our communications team at email@example.com.