Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior, Ambassador
7:30 pm (Seating opens at 7:00 pm - No late seating after the curtain goes up at 7:30 pm)
Muriel Kauffman Theatre, Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts at 1601 Broadway Boulevard Kansas City, MO 64108
This event is SOLD OUT!
Kansas City Ballet Presents The Sleeping Beauty
Choreography by Artistic Director Devon Carney after Marius Petipa
Music by Peter I. Tchaikovsky played live by the Kansas City Symphony
This Girl Scout Night performance is generously supported with a gift by the Muriel McBrien Kauffman Foundation and other supporters. With these gifts, ticket prices are reduced up to 90% off regular priced tickets.
The Sleeping Beauty is perhaps the most beloved ballet fairy tale of all. This sumptuous production brings to life the enchanting story of Princess Aurora. The evil Carabosse bewitches the princess and her kingdom, but the benevolent Lilac Fairy places all in a deep and protective sleep which can only be awakened by true love’s kiss. This romantic and tender tale is told with glittering dances, vibrant storybook characters and one of the most beloved grand pas de deux in all of ballet.
- Please arrive by 7:15 pm at the latest to be seated. Seating begins at 7:00 pm
- Latecomers will not be seated until Intermission
- No food or drink allowed in the theater
- The performance is 2 1/2 hours, plus a 15 minute intermission
- We want to show our Girl Scout best! Please wear your Girl Scout tunic/sash/vest over attire you would wear to a performance/church
- The age limit for this event is 5 years or older
- For information on attending the Kansas City Ballet, click here
- The Arts District parking garage, immediately south of–and underneath–the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is $8 per car (cash and credit available)
- A special The Sleeping Beauty patch has been created and will be distributed to all participating Girl Scouts
JOIN KANSAS CITY BALLET’S PRE-CURTAIN TALK!
Learn how music, special effects and costumes all make magic on stage by attending a pre-curtain talk hosted by Artistic Director Devon Carney.
Dancers, choreographers, musicians, and special guests offer audience members an insider’s view on the story, choreography, history, costumes, and music prior to each repertory performance. These informal discussions are free for all ticket holders. They are held at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts one hour prior to curtain for Kansas City Ballet repertory shows.
Cost Per Girl:
Cost Per Adult:
How to Register:
This event is SOLD OUT!