By accepting a volunteer position, you have a responsibility to Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri and to your fellow volunteers and girls to adhere to certain rules of behavior and conduct. The purpose of these standards is not to restrict your rights, but rather to be certain that you understand what conduct is expected and necessary. When each person is aware that he or she can fully depend upon fellow volunteers to follow the rules of conduct, then our organization will be a better place to volunteer for everyone.
- Respect the mission of Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri.
- Manage conflicts or difficulties in an appropriate manner. Contact your New Leader Consultant or Service Unit Manager to voice your concern and receive support.
- Respect your meeting site and the properties of the council.
- Honor confidentiality of volunteers and girls.
- Be willing to take part in orientation and training sessions to enhance your leadership skills.
- Demonstrate respect for the guidance, direction and decisions staff and/or their designated appointee provide to support your role as a volunteer.
- Treat staff, volunteers, girls and members fairly and without discrimination.
- Dress appropriately for your volunteer position and/or activity girls will be taking part in.
- Hats and t-shirts with political views or harmful logos are not permitted during Girl Scout meetings and functions.
Girl Scout volunteers may not consume or use alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs, or be under the influence of same at any council-owned property or at any function where girls are in attendance. In addition, performing volunteer duties while under the influence of illegal drugs and/or alcohol is prohibited. The use of alcohol may be permitted at council-approved functions with the prior approval of the CEO.
Adults who accompany troops or groups must not smoke in the presence of minors at Girl Scout activities. Smoking is not permitted on council-owned sites.
Possession of firearms by adults in any Girl Scout activity or in any way affiliated with a Girl Scout program activity where children are present, shall not be permitted.
This list is not exhaustive and may not cover every situation or provide a set of absolute standards.