Girl Scout Volunteers, We Love YOU!
Every day, Girl Scout volunteers make it possible for girls across the country to enjoy and benefit from an adventure-having, skill-building, lead-taking, life-changing good time. It’s undeniable: without our volunteers’ commitment to unleashing the G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ in every girl, we couldn’t and wouldn’t be the largest girls’ leadership organization in the world. But we are. Thanks to them. And we love them for it.
April is a great month to recognize their work – April 23-29 is National Volunteer Week and April 22 is Girl Scout Leader Appreciation Day.
We encourage girls and their parents to take time to say thank you. Here are some easy ways, and we can guarantee your kind gesture will mean so much!
Smile and just say thanks
- Send an electronic or printed card - Download e-card | printable cards
- Deliver a card with a bouquet of daisies or gift from the GS SHOP
- Write your favorite volunteer a love letter. Imagine their surprise when they open their mailbox and find a love letter from you. Need a little inspiration? Check out the letter Girl Scouts put together for these amazing volunteers!
- Display a thank you sign/banner on their lawn or front door
- Create a special hand-made gift and have all girls deliver
- Take your leader or other volunteer out for a special dinner
- To honor the time they give, decorate a terracotta pot and plant thyme
- Wrap an empty cookie box and fill with special notes from girls and parents
- Organize a special outing to have the leader relax - spa, museum, movies
- Give a mug full of chocolate hugs and kisses
Take photos of your appreciation efforts and post on our Facebook Page, Instagram, and Twitter! We want to celebrate with you!!