The success of Girl Scouting relies on careful selection and placement of volunteers. In order to ensure qualified leadership, Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri utilize an application process. This process includes a volunteer application, background check and an interview. Background Check Process:
- Council conducts criminal records searches of convictions, arrests, court records, inmate records, and sex offender registries.
- Does not include credit checks or motor vehicle checks.
Individuals who are deemed ineligible for participation as a volunteer will receive written notice as to how they can review the findings from InfoMart, and if they believe there is an error report results. The council will rely upon the information contained in the criminal history report until a corrected report has been provided by InfoMart. Approval Process
- Complete volunteer application and pass a criminal background check
- Official notification of approval will be sent by email directly to volunteer
- Troop/Assistant Leader must be appointed to volunteer position before
meeting with girls
- Registered as a Girl Scout member
You must complete information in all required fields.
There shall be no discrimination against an otherwise qualified
adult volunteer by reason of disability, age, race, color, ethnicity, sex,
creed, national origin, citizenship, or